I got a job today. I still can't believe it. I walked into the interview and acted like I was holding a royal flush even though I really had "all reds". They bought it.
They asked me about money at one point. Now this is a hard question. What do you say when a person asks you how much you'd like to make? Hell, One Million Trillion Billion dollars per hour please. Seriously, if you ask for too much they might end the interview but if you ask for too little then you might get screwed out of money you could be making. I took the chance of getting screwed and aimed low. After I had told them how much I wanted they just stared at me. I thought, "oh god! I asked for too much!"...but it was not so. They explained that a person in my position should be making 10 or 15K more per year than my number. I almost danced a jig.
After talking for a few more minutes the two men went outside to discuss the interview. When they came back in the room, they told me that they cancelled the other interviews and wanted me to work for them. (luckily, I was wearing a catheter to drain the urine out of my body into a little bag so that I couldn't wet myself right there in the chair).
um, yeah that's all I got for now... my mind is blanking... more later
Thursday, September 16, 2004
And everything is right in the world again
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Congratulations!!!
You're the man now, dog!
Post a Comment