Monday, October 18, 2004

The aftermath...

It was Sunday morning...about 8AM. My eyes flew open with the growing need to pee, but everything was blurry. I sat up and my room spun around a few times right before my eyes. My head hurt. Why did my head hurt? What did I do last night that would cause me to feel like someone had stuffed a bazillion bags of cotton into my brain? Did I get into a fight? Had a mad scientist used me for lab experimentations? AM I DYING?!?!

...no wait. Now I remember...I got hammered last night.

The memories slowly return; hazy at first, but with growing clarity. It's like looking at the scene selection menu on a DVD. I can see random moments from last night but some parts just aren't there yet. (The little midget who lives in my head and does all of my memory filing must still be asleep). I remember about 20 people coming to our house. I remember having a fridge full of beer and a well-stocked bar...and margarita mix. I remember learning that Matthew Perry won the current round of Celebrity Poker Showdown too. Then things get fuzzy...

Sarah Warren and Kyle Williams showed up. That was cool. A lot of people didn't really drink. Many left around midnight. But the DE people, Kyle, Sarah, and myself, stayed up drinking until 2 or 3AM. You better believe Kyle ran out to his car and put on his bright orange rain pants! Then somehow Katie was wearing them...not sure how that happened.

Long story short, the party was GREAT. It was our first shindig in our new house and lots of people showed up and everyone seemed to have a good time. AND, there were no spills (I think). The hangover was fine because all I had to do on Sunday was watch the Eagles KICK ASS!

On a work note, my training has ended. I've officially replaced the person that I was hired to replace. I'm sitting here in an office with 3 computers in front of me...just sitting...and waiting... for something to do... and I'm making about 26 cents per minute to do it. My work IM name is RobHarford2004. my phne number is 302-999-5365 I think. I've never tried to call it. So yeah, that's all. I'll leave you with a joke:

Two Irishmen are sitting at a pub having a beer when they see a Baptist minister walk into the brothel across the street.

One of them says, “Aye, ’tis a shame to see a man of the cloth goin’ bad.”

Moments later they see a rabbi enter the brothel, and the other Irishman says, “Aye, ’tis a shame to see that the Jews are fallin’ victim to temptation as well.”

Finally they see a Catholic priest enter the house of ill repute, and the first Irishman grimaces and says, “What a terrible pity…one of the girls must be quite ill.”

No comments: