Let's talk about dreams. Why? Because this is my blog and we'll talk about whatever I want! I
have the power here! I'm important! That's why I have an office in one building and a cubicle in
another building. Of course, the name on my office says "Mike Kraycik" and my cubicle says "Zach Harris". You see, it's kinda like that movie The Secret of My Success. Each day I....hey! Wait a minute! I'm not falling for that trick. You won't get me off track today, buddy! I'm like a train. One direction. Forward. One Speed. Fast.
Christopher Lloyd: Great Scott, Rob! Speaking of trains, you have to get in mine and come with me to the future! Your children depend on it!
Me: Listen, Uncle Fester, you're not even in this blog today. So why don't you go back to
playing an Angel who helps a no-talent sports team cheat? Hm? Isn't there a Baby Geniuses sequel that you should be getting back to? I mean, come on! And who gets killed by an Assassin played by Steve Buscemi? You didn't even try to fight back in that movie! The man is 3 feet tall for cryin out loud! Get the hell out of my blog!
*Lloyd walks off, leaving a trail of tears in his wake*
That's right, people! Don't mess with me today!
Ok. Calm. Composed. Clear of thought.
No where were we? Oh right. Dreams. How come they're so weird? And why can't everyone remember them? Do they have meaning? Or is it just your subconscious throwing out the garbage of the day? Well I, for one, am glad we dream.
But anyway, last night I was patrolling the blog world. Sometimes I'll go to a friend's blog and
see who leaves comments. Then I'll go to that person's blog...and so on and so forth. I wound up at the blog of someone I know...a friend of a friend. and she was talking about a recent dream.
She seemed to remember it very vividly. She could describe everything that took place with minute clarity. Of course, I had zero interest in the dream itself...but that's besides the point. One of the comments left on that post was from another friend. She was amazed that this girl could remember her dreams so well. And that got me thinking about it. I've always taken for granted that I can remember pieces of 2 or 3 dreams in a given night. Or sometimes all the details from one entire dream. Normally, they're nothing special...and so I let the memory drift away after a few minutes...but sometimes....every now and then...they are incredible. I'm talking about the dreams where you can fly...or are married to Jennifer Love Hewitt...you get the idea.
But some people can't do that. They don't remember having dreams. How sad is that? Of course, it has its advantages. I've had some pretty scary nightmares in my life. Those are the dreams I don't ever forget. Those are the times that I wish I didn't remember quite so well.
So I pose a question to my loyal 5 or 6 readers. Do you remember your dreams? If so, what are some of your favorite ones? Or scariest? Were you the president? Ever have a stereotypical dream? You're being chased and cannot run fast enough? Or maybe you're falling? Tell me about them.
Friday, July 15, 2005
I have a dream
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I can sometimes remember dreams, but not always. Bits and pieces, usually. I used to have this really wierd re-occuring dream where i was out in the woods with my Uncle and we found a place to go fishing ..., well it's pretty wierd.
I had a dream the other night that my Dad died in a car crash, not sure what that was about, but it was wierd.
My nightmares have different situations and settings. However, the usual constant is the fact that I'm attempting to run towards or away from something, and, for some reason, I am unable to go fast. I run in an exaggerated lope (think Lightfoot without speed) just bounding along but trying as hard as I can to get where I need to go. I think track did that to me.
You had zero interest in my dream? Dude, that's harsh. :P And yes, I have the ability to remember every little detail of my dreams. It makes sleeping a little more exciting.
Post a Comment