I like movie trivia. That's no secret. I love asking people questions like:
-Name everyone who has played James Bond.
-Name all of the Corleone brothers.
You get the idea. Well, one day I was talking to Lou and he had one for me. How many actors can you name that have been in 2 separate movie trilogies (or a movie series that went longer than 3). Of course, our obvious example is Harrison Ford. He was in the Star Wars movies AND the Indiana Jones movies. Another example would be Sylvester Stallone. He did the Rocky movies and the Rambo trilogy. Now, I can name one more person. But I think that's it.
There are a lot of people who are close. Bruce Willis had the Die Hard movies and he was in 2 of the Look Who's talking series. I can name a handful of people with similar situations.
So there must be more. Can anyone out there help? I have no prizes to give except my undying love and adoration.
Wednesday, August 31, 2005
The Holy Trinity
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Well, Bruce Campbell presumably will be when spiderman 3 comes out, along with the evil dead triology. Same deal with Ian Mckellan (Lord of the Rings, and X-Men when X-3 comes out). Mel Gibson did Mad Max and Lethal Weapon. Also, Clint Eastwood starred in a number of Dirty Harry movies as well as the three "man with no name" movies (For a Fistful of Dollars; For a Few Dollars More; The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly). That's all I can think of right now.
my brother is a HUGE james bond fan and I've never seen ONE godfather movie.
Mel Gibson was the other one I knew
One more Young Guns and you can add Mr. Estevez...
Well, i just logged onto this for the first time, and i couldn't help but see that no one has answered the bond question... This is one that i hold quite closely to heart.
Sean Connery
(we'll come back to this one)
Sean Connery again
Roger Moore
Timothy Dalton
Pierce
and coming back to the one i'd come back to... George Lasenby .. the forgotten Bond.
Lou F.
Well, just thought I'd chime in here with everything nobody else covered. Hugo Weaving did the Matrix series (Agt. Smith) as well as the three Lord of the rings. Chevy Chase did the National Lampoon Vacation movies as well as the two Fletches, and there's a third in the making for 2006. If you count A Mighty Wind, Waiting for Guffman, and Best in Show as a trilogy then you can add Eugene Levy with the American Pies. Antonio Banderas came close, though he wasn't in the first of the Desperado series, then he did the three Spy Kids. Jackie Chan did two Rush Hours and he's set for a third one to release next year, as well as four Police Story movies. Interestingly enough, nobody has mentioned any females. I haven't checked them out, but, Rene Russo? Drew Barrymore? Annette Funicelo? Meg Ryan? Where are the ladies at?
Dows
Post a Comment