Monday, January 09, 2006

Family Bonding: Harford Style

When I was 21, one of my older sisters took me for my first tattoo. A year later, we got our second tattoos together. So, to carry on the tradition, this past weekend I took my little sister for her first tattoo.

In case anyone is looking for a good place, I've been going to Got Ink in Burlington, NJ. It's near the Betsy Ross Bridge. They aren't cheap, but they do great work.

So we went with an idea of what she wanted to get done. She wanted an Ankh with some ivy around it. So we talked to the artists there, and they created a design. I think that's always a better way to go. When you just pick a design from a tattoo book then there are probably other people out there who have the same design. But if you create your own design then it's totally original.

Well, I don't think she was quite prepared for how painful it was going to be. But she stuck with it. And the design came out great. As soon as it heals I'll get her to take a picture so I can post it.

Yeah, so that's really all I have for today...

Random question:
Would you rather fight a wolf or an alligator ?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lets see..

alligator, you have 1 thing on your side. They have very strong muscles to close their jaws, but not to open them. So, if you can grab their mouth while it is closed, and tie it shut somehow, all they can really do is hit you with their tail or butt into you and scratch you. But if they can get ahold of you with their mouth open... and if they are near water, they'll take you under and roll you over and over till either you drown, or your neck breaks. They can also run very fast for short periods of time, so you might not be able to outrun them.

wolf, A wolf is much smaller and weaker than an alligator. But they are faster and more agile. You would probably get bit up or torn up pretty bad, but I would think a few well planted kicks to the head or chest would probably at least stun them. I mean, I could beat up a dog I think. And wolves are like slightly bigger, meaner dogs. The big question would be, are we talking a solitary wolf? Cause if you're dealing with a pack, I'd kinda guess you were screwed.

trailmonkey said...

wolf. Alli's have 3000 psi of pressure in their jaws - good luck. at least i can get a rabies shot before taking on the dog