There's a piece of advice that I've always held on to, over the years. It came to me second-hand, originating from Joe Brescia's dad. He said, "Dating a fat chick is like driving a moped. It's a fun ride until your friends see you on it."
And what does that have to do with today's post? Absolutely nothing...
Let's move on.
I've had an ongoing internal debate for the last week as to whether or not I should post this. But now that recent events have unfolded, I've decided it's time to share.
My friends, I got a ticket. On the highway. From a police officer.
Here's how my story is different, though. I deserved it. Yeah, you heard me... I deserved to get pulled over.
I'll spare you the full details... but here's the 10 cent version:
I was driving up to North Jersey via PA. I had never done this route before so I was very surprised to find that rt 202 and 611 were local country roads and not major highways. After 30 minutes of this, I was pretty frustrated... so when the road opened up into 2 lanes at the NJ border, I took off. I passed a guy on the right and sped up to get around a pack of slow drivers. Now, in my defense, I've become a pretty calm driver in recent months. I try not to speed or do things that will get me a ticket. On this particular night, I only became a wild person for about 45 seconds. And the funny thing is, as I was doing this, I thought to myself "man, I hope there aren't any cops around."
But there were. And they got me good. Here's a paraphrase of our conversation:
cop: What's the rush, son?
me: I don't wanna say... it's not a good excuse.
cop: go ahead, try me.
me: well, I think I'm headed to a booty call.
cop: You're not sure?
me: um... no... not really.
cop: You're right. It is a bad excuse. I hope he or she is worth the ticket.
Long story short, he only gave me some minor ticket. 2 points. And since I've never had points on my license before, my insurance won't go up... so I don't need to go to court and fight it or anything. I already went online and paid for it.
So that's it. That's my story about being stupid and getting caught by the man.
Tuesday, January 03, 2006
Get your motor runnin...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
The funniest part of that story is the fact that the officer included "he" in his statement "i hope he or she is worth it".
Its like he knows you.
(fag)
Did you really tell the officer you were on your way to a booty call?!?!?! The balls on you, man!
Post a Comment