I have vacations on the brain. Sunny beaches. Warm blue oceans. Fruity drinks with little umbrellas in them. But most importantly, spending a week just laying around with no responsibilities.
Doesn't it sound wonderful?
I've spent the past month figuring out what weeks I can go away without sending one of my projects into disarray. I've narrowed down to some weeks in April. And yes, that's not much time to book a trip.
So I send out a question to all readers. What were the best and worst vacations you ever took?
I'll start.
My best was a cruise. I was in the 4th grade, and we spent 10 days trolling the Caribbean seas. It's like being in an all inclusive resort, but the hotel moves around every day to a new location. Great sites. Great weather. Great food.
My worst vacation may have been Disney World. I just get bored being there after a day or two. It got old pretty fast.
Of course, Vegas comes in at a close second....because it snowed while we were there! Freakin snow!
So give me ideas. Where should I go? My only requirement is warmth and relaxation (and booze).
Thursday, February 23, 2006
Wanna get away for a while?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I guess the best vacation I ever had was Washington DC recently, but that was more of a "see the sights" vacation than a relaxing in the sun one.
Key West is my absolute favorite for relaxing. Its warm, nice beaches, and since its still in the country, no worries about not understanding the language or exchaning money.
Disneyworld, for the first 2 days, was the funnest time ever. The last 2 days were boring and awful. I just wanted to go home.
Actually, the best vacation I've had combined a few days at Palm Beach, a cruise, and a day at Disney. The only problem was constantly having to haul our luggage from one bedroom to another.
Can't stand more than a few days at Disney, though. My wife and I did a week there once, and frankly after a day at Disney and a day at Epcot, you're done. Add a day if you really, really like shopping, but three days is about the absolute upper limit.
Post a Comment