So I thought I'd send out another poll among my readers.
Recently, someone said something about my relationship that I think was wrong. I believe that their interpretation was based purely on their own life, and did not accurately reflect society as a whole. You can see I'm making this a totally unbiased poll, right? :-)
Here's the 4-1-1:
Have you ever written yourself a note? Maybe you saw a restaurant that you wanted to eat at, or a place that you'd like to take a day-trip to... and so you wrote it down so you wouldn't forget. Of course you have. We all have.
Well, seeing as how my job is about compiling data, I take it a step further. I keep a running list. Or should I say, J-Love and I keep a running list. Whenever we think of something that would be fun to do (EX: Baltimore Aquarium trip), we just add it to the list. Then, if we're ever sitting around saying "what the heck are we going to do today?" we can just go pick something off the list to do.
Is that wrong?
Because this person said that we lacked romance and spontaneity because of it. And it's not like we write things like "have romantic dinner and walk on the beach". It's normal things. Like a new restaurant we want to try. Or going to Great Adventure one weekend.
Personally, I think this person was jealous because we actually go out and do things together.... while they still live the "poor college student" life.
Can I get an Amen?
Sunday, June 25, 2006
Organized or boring?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I think that's a great idea. There's plenty of times that Sarah and I have actually had a weekend day together, and we end up just sitting around doing nothing because we can't think of anything. Being spontaneous is great, and I'm sure you guys do that too, but its a good idea to write things down to remember them. Just don't let Dottie see when you write "try doing in thuh butt" on the list.
Boring is when you and J-Love find yourselves in a supermarket mulling or bickering over the amount of transfat in the new and improved coffeemate - no seriously, I saw this today and it made me not want to get married. So until you 2 are scrutinizing over such minor details, consider yourself organized.
oh...sorry, I forgot (ahem)...AMEN!!!
We've done this before. I'm totally cool with it. The spontaneous part is if you read the list upside down or rightside up.
I think it's a great idea - spontaneity is great, but all too often (at least in my case) it leads to situations like, "oh, it seems that really cool restaurant is closed today" or "it's too late to drive to Monterey" or stuff like that.
And that married couple's biggest problem is that they're buying Coffeemate in the first place. Eww.
I like our list!
You're right, it's not like we add things like "tell him I love him" to the dang thing. Although we do plenty of the spontaneous stuff too, our list is no joke so deciding to cross something off can be a bit spontaneous in itself. I would also like to add that having a long-term list of things we'd like to experience together, no matter how great or small, implies that we have a shared future in mind and I'm sorry but I find that incredibly romantic.
I'm glad to see that everyone has commented in our favor, but I really couldn't care less what other people think. It's our relationship and we're obviously doing what's right for us because it's perfect.
Luv U.
Honestly not sure if that's organized or boring, but it does sound like a damn good idea.
My wife and I have all kinds of things we'd like to do together, but most days when we have the time, we have enough energy to do something OR decide what to do. Having a list of things to pick from would mean we can spend more time doing and less time thinking about doing.
Post a Comment