Wow... boy the time does fly....
Why haven't I been posting? Well, I was moving to a new house (renting). I didn't have a reliable internet connection for a week. And I'm having difficulty blogging while at work. So, in the past I could hop on every few days to ramble about something.... where as now I need inspiration to strike before I go through the effort.
So what's on my mind? Etiquette.
A few weeks ago, I left a comment on a friend's blog. While not connecting directly to the topic of the blog, I felt it was a good relation (like that 2nd cousin that you see at weddings every few years).
Well, they deleted my comment. There was no note in its place explaining WHY it was deleted. There was also no e-mail in my inbox apologizing for the deletion. Just gone. I think that's pretty rude.
Obviously, in the grand scheme of life I don't give a rat's ass about the comment. And I can understand if my comment had been insulting, or completely off topic, then they could delete it. BUT, I really felt like I was contributing there.
It happened like this. I was sitting in my office one day when a co-worker asked me a question. He asked me what I would do for a million dollars. So we talked about this. We kept changing scenarios. Maybe it's more money... maybe less. Maybe it's something that would cause physical pain.... maybe emotional pain. In the end, he asked me a really good one that, while being fairly off color, really made me think for a while.
So, the next day, I read this person's blog. and they mentioned that they were sitting around talking to people asking weird questions about life. SO, I thought that was a strange coincidence and posted this question on this person's blog.
And you know the rest.
And that's my story for the day. time for another meeting.
Monday, September 11, 2006
Blogging etiquette
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Whose blog was it? Come on, dish!!!
Baby, you know that I have never been a fan of said friend, and I am your BIGGEST fan, so I think that what I am about to say should be taken as a fair judgment...
I read the blog and comment in question, and I am sorry to say that I must agree with this person's decision to delete what you had posted. I was horrified when I read what you had left and, truth be told, if I had the power to delete it I would have done so myself. No matter what slight connection your comment may have had with the blog, it was so horrifically and unnecessarily vulgar that any inkling of a connection was dramatically overshadowed and immediately lost through reading it.
HOWEVER, that being said, I do believe that you are certainly entitled to an explanation via blog or email justifying this person's actions. After all, this person is a friend and that is the polite thing to do.
So...I'm agreeing with you on the whole etiquette part, but as far as the deletion of your comment is concerned, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't glad to see it go. (sorry)
Post a Comment