Friday, April 27, 2007

Sometimes it's good to Settle...

I am a firm believer that life has balance. At its most basic form, I believe that when something good happens, something bad will follow. Yin and Yang. Obviously, this isn't so simple. I don't believe that if you win the lottery then you'll be hit by a car the next day to balance it out.

Sometimes a lot of good things can happen... and sometimes a lot of bad things can happen. I try not to worry about it too much.

But lately, things are going too well. And so, I put off this post for a few weeks until everything was settled. I didn't want to tempt fate.

As of 8:30AM today, I am a homeowner. I bought my first house. I can move into a place knowing that I can change whatever I want without putting it back in a year when my lease is up. I didn't put down a security deposit. And I don't have a neighbor on either side of me

...oh wait... yes I do... cuz I got a townhome.... crap. oh well, can't win them all.

But let's get back to balance. Here's why I'm worried.

1. I have a house.

2. I finished my first Grad School course this week and I'm pretty sure I got an A.

3. I am getting on a plane in the morning for Las Vegas with J-Love.

4. I just got a "promotion" at work.

5. I took my car in for routine maintenance this week and they accidentally cracked a tiny piece of the plastic near my wheel. Not only are they fixing that for free, but they didn't charge me for any of the maintenance, as an apology.

6. My Spring League (Ultimate Frisbee) team is undefeated right now and we could win the league.

7. I did roll my ankle in a game last month pretty badly. I thought it might have been broken. The swelling and bruising didn't go away for weeks. But somehow I was able to run around again 2 weeks later. It was a christmas miracle!

So maybe something bad is about to happen. Or maybe my hot streak will run longer.

All I know is that when I get in to Vegas I'm headed straight to the Craps table to find out...

2 comments:

Dottie said...

VEGAS BABY!! WOO HOO!!!

I'm VERY excited about the house. I can't wait to paint, and then to live there, but man is that move gonna be a bitch...

Anonymous said...

If you want I can punch you in the stomach to get the bad stuff out of the way. Man, this is gonna be sweet...