A few months ago I was in the Gym with Trian, as is the case a few times each week. It was around 6AM and I wasn't fully awake yet. The one thing that really bugs me about my YMCA is that the employees make mix-CDs to play in the morning. Half the time the music just plain SUCKS and so I keep my ipod playing.
Well, on this particular morning I heard something interesting. I couldn't hear the words of the song that was playing but it had a nice beat and sounded fun. Trian and I both stopped lifting for a minute to listen and the only lyrics we could make out were "...And she said 'La La La...' "
It wasn't much to go on but I began searching the intertubes for this tune.
Side note - you have no idea just how many songs have those lyrics in them. OH MAN.
But after a few days I found the song. It was called Flathead - by a group named The Fratellis. They're a british rock/punk-type of band. They sound a little like Jet but with more chaos.
I was instantly hooked. I've since purchased their debut Album, Costello Music, and listened to it a million times (figuratively speaking).
I just wanted to throw that out there. If you like that type of music then go try some of their songs. Their website is http://www.thefratellis.com/.
Oh, and I later found out that the song I heard was the most recent song played in the iTunes commercial, so you've probably heard it and didn't realize.
My favorite song on the CD is For the Girl (lyrics are the blog title)
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
She was into the Stones when I was in to the Roses
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment