Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Bright Light city gonna set my soul on fire...

WARNING: the following post contains profanity and bad jokes.

I'm still workin on that wedding post. Some of the source material has yet to hit youtube but I've been told that it will be soon.

So in the meantime let's share a lighter note.

A few weeks ago I was in Vegas. From Friday night to Sunday night I slept a total of 4 hrs. I ate one meal. I drank one glass of water. And the rest was alcohol. I was a mess by the time we flew home.

Obviously, I can't share most of my stories from the trip. But there was one amusing evening that people will get a kick out of. Well, only if you know Trian.

Here's a guy who doesn't really do the whole Vegas Thing. He doesn't drink in excess, gamble in excess, go to strip clubs in excess, etc. He's generally a nice, polite, quiet person.

Well on our second night in my favorite city, I taught Trian how to play Craps. Anyone who plays Craps knows that there are a million different bets that you can make, OR just play some very basic strategies. I was encouraging Trian to follow my lead on some straightforward moves. And we were winning money. So then he got caught up in it all. As other people would yell out the more complicated bets ("five dollars on hard eight!") Trian would do it too.

All of a sudden one of his crazy bets paid off 10 to 1. The guy running the table pointed at Trian and said "he gets $50".

At this moment, nice quiet Trian throws his hands in the air and (with a lot of co-workers around him) screams...

"PAY ME MOTHER FUCKER!"

the dealer next to Trian was an elderly black man who just said "That's Mr. Motherfucker to you, son"

I wish someone could have taken a picture of him yelling that... and then of him turning red afterwards.

Fortunately, Trian threw his hands in the air quite a few times that weekend... so we got a shot of him doing it later on...

Man, I love Vegas...

2 comments:

Stewbel said...

I was there it was the most awesome moment ever. Thanks for saving this on the interweb

Mama said...

Holy crap, that's one of the funniest things I've heard in a long time.