Last week I was writing a note in facebook, when something made me laugh.
One of the reasons that facebook is free is that they have advertising on the site. So it's common to see ad banners filling the white space on the pages.
Well, on the right hand side of the page was a vertical ad banner. I could only see the top of it. It was pink with yellow lights, and as I rolled my mouse over the banner the lights got brighter. It reminded me of Vegas. I love Vegas. I can't wait to go back.
And then I scroll down the page to see what the ad is for (assuming it's for one of the casinos on the strip). Well, it's for the Gambling Addiction Hotline.
Now, I know I don't have a gambling problem for 2 reasons: One, I never gamble with money that I can't afford to lose. Two, I know when to walk away - either because I'm ahead, or because I need to cut my losses.
But I just had to laugh at the fact that this banner was advertising a service to help people stop gambling... and it just made me want to head straight to the casinos.
I've attached the non-lit-up picture below.
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Advertising FAIL
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment