Thursday, August 26, 2004

John Cusack ruined my dreams!!

I'm not usually gonna talk about everyday things. I can write well enough....but with this stuff I just can't bring the funny. Today I make an exception, though.

Last night, before bed, I watched the Jack Bull. It's a great movie starring John Cusack and John Goodman (among others). Plus it was written by Dick Cusack, John Cusack's father. Anywho, if you haven't seen it then I'm going to ruin the ending for you. You should still see it, though, because the event at the end isn't as important as seeing how characters deal with the event. It's quite moving.

The one sentence summary is that John Cusack plays a horse trader in the old west and gets slighted by someone, but the law can't do anything about it. So he takes the matter into his own hands and forms a posse....yada yada yada... in the end he's sentenced to death. OK, sorry, that was 2 sentences.

The way that Cusack deals with his upcoming death is really amazing...and it got me thinking about how I would deal with that prospect. So, of course, I had a dream centered around it...

I'm not totally sure that I was dying or by what I was afflicted. It was something akin to cancer....where my death wasn't certain but I was getting weaker all the time. I also had done or said something that pissed off a lot of people, so I was trying to stay alive (it seemed that will-power was the only thing keeping me alive) and make amends with all of these people at the same time.

In the end I lost. I couldn't fight it anymore and I died. I sorta switched perspective to 3rd person POV to see the aftermath. It was really depressing and creepy. Really messed up my morning.

Ok, that's all....I'll post the quizzo answers later today....and maybe throw in a joke to even out this post.

No comments: