Monday, August 23, 2004

Ah...the power of cheese....uh...I mean, Quizzo

I hope that most people who read this (all 1 or 2 of you) know what quizzo is. I've been going to it almost religiously (yes, the Deer Park is my place of worship) for 2 and a half years now. I love it. Can't get enough. They have great burgers, which are half price....AND you win beer... AND if you win the whole night then you get a gift certificate to eat free the next week. OK, getting to the point. My team has changed over time. Players have come and go. But we have always been formidable. Eventually, we came to see a pattern. Each week, either my team would win, or one other team would win (which we came to call "Team: Nemesis"). We'd win a few weeks, and then they'd win a few weeks....we would tie a lot too. But that's neither here nor there...

Moving on, lately, we've gotten bored. The host of Quizzo doesn't put much effort into the trivia rounds. He just goes onto a web site and prints some out that were pre-made. Oh, I should mention that lately my team has grown smaller...and so did Team: Nemesis...so we joined into one super team that almost never loses. So that's why we're bored. There's no competition. I bet by now you're wondering why I'm writing all of this...well bare with me and it'll go somewhere. We told the host that to make Quizzo more fun, we would make some rounds of questions that he can ask people....and then we won't participate...and he can just give us some free beer in return.

So I put a lot of effort into making my own round. I didn't want to just do movie quotes or Simpsons trivia...I wanted something more cool... so here it is. I'll post the answers on Friday. Try to get the answers from your head and now by looking online because that's just too easy.


Quizzo Round: Category - Black and White

1) Complete the lyrics from this Barry White song:

"You're my sun, my moon, my _______ ________.
my kind of wonderful, that's what you are."

2) Name the movie this quote is from:

"1500 years ago, everybody "knew" that the earth was the center of the universe. 500 years ago, everybody "knew" that the earth was flat. And 15 minutes ago, you "knew" that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll "know" tomorrow. "

3) In the movie White Men Can't Jump, what TV game show did Billy's girlfriend, Gloria, get to compete on?

4) Multiple Choice: in Which one of these movies did Jack Black not appear?

A: Airborne
B: High Fidelity
C: Waterworld
D: Clay Pigeons

5) What year was the Black Panther Party founded?

A: 1946
B: 1956
C: 1966
D: 1976

6) The band "The White Stripes" contains 2 members. Jack White and his sister (or perhaps ex-wife). What is her first name?


7) In what century did the Black Death first reach Europe from China?

A: 12th Century
B: 13th Century
C: 14th Century
D: 15th Century

8) Before being the lead singer of White Snake, David Coverdale sang for what band?

A: The Yard-birds
B: Deep Purple
C: The Carrions
D: E.M.F.

9) When Ozzie Osbourne left the band Black Sabbath in October of 1977, who replaced him as lead singer?

10) Who was the first president to live in the White House in the year 1800?



2 comments:

Chris Smith said...

Hmm, some tough, some easy. I think I got 7 without looking them up (but I'm probably wrong). Pretty good round, though.

Chris Condon said...

I could only get 5 probably. Good category!