OK, so I know that there's at least one of you out there that hasn't solved the riddle yet...so I wanted to give you the answer.
It's a trick question, obviously. The end of the riddle says that there's only $29. They add up the $9 that each man paid ($27 total) and then add in $2 that the bellhop is holding, but the $2 that the bellhop is holding IS part of the $27 already. Only $25 went to the front desk and $2 to the bellhop...that's the $27. The other $3 is what was given back to the 3 men. So in recap, There is $30 total. $25 for the room, $3 given back to the 3 men, and $2 for the bellhop.
It's not a great riddle. It's like the James Vanderbeek of riddles. You might like it once in a while but you won't go around telling everyone about it. OK, now I have to get back to working before my boss finds me goofing off...
Thursday, September 30, 2004
If you haven't solved it yet...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I DON'T WANT (dramatic pause) YOUR LIFE.
Post a Comment