Monday, November 22, 2004

Did ya ever see...

I know I promised movie quotes...and they are coming... but this weekend I spent a lot of time talking about old TV shows with my friends. I mean the old Hanna Barbera cartoons from the 80's. Since this is always a fun topic, I thought I'd list some that I remember and give you links to sites where you can read about them.

Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to your childhood:

1. Paw Paw Bears
This show was about a bunch of cuddly looking bears who dressed like indians. They had special necklaces that could bring to life their totem pole to beat up the bad guys.

2. Shirt Tales
Another bunch of animals. I think they lived in a forrest or a park. They all wore shirts that could turn red...not sure why this happened...but then they did cool things.

3. Help! It's the hair bear bunch
These were 3 bears who lived in a zoo. They could turn their cave into a luxery suite, and rode on an invisible motorcycle. I think they kept getting into crazy situations and then had to run away from the zoo manager

4. Fantastic Max
This was a baby who could turn his bottle into a space ship. He travelled around the galaxy with a green alien and a robot. This may have been closer late 80's.

5. Grape Ape
This was a 40 foot tall ape that travelled around with a little dog. It was just about their adventures

6. Denver the Last Dinosaur
He's my friend and a whole lot more. I think they found an egg in a tar pit and he hatched from it. There are bad guys that want to put him in a zoo or something. This was also late 80's.

7. Speed Buggy
This was one of many Scooby-doo rip offs. Instead of a Dog they had a car that could talk. I liked it, though.

8. M.A.S.K.
Great 80's super hero cartoon about a team of men who had vehicles that could do special things. the leader had a red car and the doors could flip up so that he could fly. I think the motorcycle was also a helicopter, and a pick-up truck could phase through walls.

9. Centurions
Another great super hero group. These 3 guys wore special suits that could take all sorts of attachments. One flew, one swam in water, and the other was always a road vehicle. No matter what bad guy they were facing, there was always open air, land, and water near by so all of the Centurions could help out.

10. Dynomutt, Dog Wonder
This was a team of super heroes. Blue Falcon and Dynomutt. Dynomutt would always screw things up for Blue Falcon, but he was a robot so all of his gadges would eventually fix the situation.

11. Turbo Teen
This kid drove his car into a lab and got shot with a ray. Whenever he gets hot he turns into a car and whenever he gets cold then he turns back into a person. You can imagine how often he got hot and cold in an episode. Zany antics ensure.

12. StarCom: Space Force
I'm pretty sure this was the cartoon about the army in space, and they had magnets on their feet and on the toys you could buy. I still have a few of the figures lying around.

13. Dinosaucers
There were dinosaurs from a distant planet who fight each other and brought the fight to earth. The good guys were the Dinosaucers and the bad guys were Tyrannos. They enlisted the help of humans to fight with them

There are more that I can't find... like one about a teddy bear that was struck by lightning and can pull of his fur to become a super hero. There was also one called the Glow Worms. If you think of more then tell me. Hell, maybe use my nifty "leave a comment" feature at the bottom of this blog.. *wink wink*


4 comments:

Tim and Kristin's House said...

The Snorks: little guys that lived in the ocean and had crazy long noses.

Get-a-long Gang: Um..they were different animals and rode around on a train.

The Shirt Tales: Different animals that lived in a tree and had different colored shirts.

don't know if they're Hanna Barbara, but I loved those cartoons...

Trip Thomas said...

I listed shirt tales. Learn to read. Why don't you just tell me I'm missing Operation Wang Chung, ASS!

Trip Thomas said...

Also, snorks didn't have long noses. They had snorkels coming out of their heads. I'm not sure if they had protruding noses at all.

Tim and Kristin's House said...

suck it. :)