Monday, November 01, 2004

The lesser of 2 evils...

The weekend was busy
I spent lots of money
But Saturday ended in bed with a honey

I've jumped to the end
Let me start from beginning
And tell you all of my weekend of sinning

...

um, yeah...It's too early on Monday for my to be rhyming anymore. The weekend part plays such a small role in my blog today. I spent my entire paycheck....but it was worth it. New tires, new TV, halloween costume. I partied at Smith's and actually remember most of it (yay me!). The Eagles won. yada yada yada...

Now on to the important stuff. Tomorrow is the presidential election, and I still don't know who I'm voting for. This is bad. I don't like either candidate! They both have some good stances and bad stances.

Abortion: Bush is pro-life and Kerry is pro-choice. I lean towards pro-life...not because of religious reasons, though. I just feel like life has consequences. Getting pregnant from sex is one of them, so if you're gonna have sex you better be ready to become a parent. (yeah I know there are exceptions like health risk and rape, but I'm not getting into them).

HealthCare: Bush likes privatized health care and Kerry wants National coverage. I have no problem with my healthcare plan. If Kerry implemented his plan then you would have to worry less about whether a doctor is "covered" by your insurance or not. BUT, you're going to pay a lot more taxes too. I'd like to see real numbers before I decide on that one.

Education: They both want better education. Bush, I think, supports private school vouchers. Don't know about Kerry. I don't know how I feel about them. Might be good and might be bad.

They say that our country is worse now than it was in 2000. There are fewer jobs and oil prices have never been higher. BUT, more people own homes and mortgage prices are very low.

Bush says the wrong words and sounds kinda dumb...But Kerry just seems very mean and fake all the time.

I haven't seen much of Edwards, but I do like Dick Cheney. How can you not like a CIA guy?

The Iraq war is a tough one. Bush screwed up. but would Kerry have done better? AND, can Kerry fix it if he becomes president?

You know, all of these problems would be solved if the Governator would just be allowed to run. I'd vote for him in a second.

Well, I guess I'll watch the news shows tonite and decide. I won't choose randomly tomorrow. AND, my decision method will be better than Jann's in the last election.

Of course, if you look at the voting map, Kerry is set to win NJ...so if I did choose to vote for Bush in the end would it matter?

I'll tell you how it goes...

2 comments:

Chris Condon said...

Voting map, voting schmap.

Go and vote Rob, every one counts.

Umm...you're a schmap.

Tim and Kristin's House said...

You're the one who convinced me to make a decision last election, Rob. It was you who said that every vote counts. So, please, think about it. Don't flip a quarter like I did, but really think about it and don't let the voting map tell you otherwise. In fact, New Jersey is a swing state and so, it's imperative that everyone votes.