Wednesday, December 22, 2004

A downer

If you've ever been to a funeral, you know that they hand out a little card that has the deceased person's birth and death dates, and usually a little bit about them, written on it. At my Grandfather's funeral, there were 2 cards. The second had one of his favorite poems on it. I keep this card with me most of the time and I've read it more times than I can count. Sorry, it's a downer, but this is what is on my mind as Christmas draws near:

Merry Christmas From Heaven

I still hear the songs
I still see the lights
I still feel your love
on cold wintery nights

I still share your hopes
and all of your cares
I'll even remind you
to please say your prayers

I just want to tell you
you still make me proud
You stand head and shoulders
above all the crowd

Keep trying each moment
to stay in His grace
I came here before you
to help set your place

You don't have to be
perfect all of the time
He forgives you the slip
If you continue the climb

To my family and friends
please be thankful today
I'm still close beside you
In a new special way

I love you all dearly
now don't shed a tear
Cause I'm spending my
Christmas with Jesus this year




Merry Christmas everyone. Be safe. Have fun. I'll post again next week.

No comments: