...but to blog is divine. I think the saying goes something like that.
Again, I had planned out today's blog. But after reading an article at CNN.com I had to veer off course. Today we're going to talk about the proverbial "Bandwagon", and those who jump upon it. Of course, I'm speaking of someone becoming a fan of a popular sports team, music group, person, movie, etc just because it's popular.
I think everyone has had a time in their life when someone has accused them of jumping on a bandwagon. It's quite often unprovoked, untrue, and just mean (like shooting holes in expensive alligator suitcases). I get this most often for being an Eagles fan. They sucked for a really long time, and then got really good. We always showed our support...just not as loudly as other cities. Like many people near Philadelphia, I was born green...and it ain't easy being green....isn't that right, Kermit?
Kermit: Amen brother. You're preachin to the frog choir!
Me: Now Kermit, do you have any other times when you've been accused of jumping...er... hopping onto a bandwagon?
Kermit: I certainly do. You see, I read this article this morning on CNN.com about how the term "blog" is the most researched word of the year. Now people get on my case for blogging! It's terrible!
Me: Wow, what a coincidence! I was just talking about that article on CNN! What are the odds that you would hop into my office just for that reason? It's almost as amazing as when talk show hosts ask their guests exact questions that always lead to funny stories...
Kermit: Well, I actually came in to say your momma owes me $30 from last month!
Me: But she's been real sick...
Kermit: That don't confront me none...long as I get my money next friday. Now, I'm off to have a bourbon, a scotch, and a beer.
Me: Isn't it a little early to be knocking back some drinks?
Kermit: SHUT UP! JUST SHUT UP! YOU DON'T KNOW ME! YOU DON'T KNOW HOW HARD IT IS BEING GREEN!!! YOU'VE NEVER HAD A PROSTITUTE ASK YOU IF IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE THAT COLOR!!! I'M OUTTA HERE!!!!
*Kermit leaves the office*
Well...UH...ok. Back to the point, I guess. um. Where was I? I was just getting to something... hm. oh right. I. Hate. Sauerkraut.
But seriously. I learned about blogging over the summer. Now, it's everywhere! They talk about it on TV (see crappy west wing from a few weeks ago). They write about it on CNN. And I feel cool because I learned about it from a friend (I learned it by watching you, chris! I learned it by watching you!).
I had planned on talking about the other most looked-up words from this year, but I kinda got side-tracked with Kermit stopping by and everything. So I'm gonna cut this one short. Oh, and here's the article if you wanna read it.
Tune in tomorrow for a hair-raising inside look at....crosswalks. seriously.
Wednesday, December 01, 2004
To err is human...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I realize that I'm preaching to the wrong audience here, but, for the record, I don't like blogging. I have posted a blog and it wasn't fun for me.. It takes forever to refine something that's crap anyway, and I for one despise the entire process.
I only like reading other people's blogs. They are funny and I like to laugh, so it seems like everyone wins. Well everyone doesn't win my friend! I check blogs and comment on them daily, and now I've been sucked into writing them too! Do you know how much time I am wasting here?!?!
I wanted to boycott The Blog, but I can't resist it!
I need help.
There has got to be some way to phase this thing out, right?!
In the mean time, I've decided not to post (OR to post souly to complain about blogging).
Did you hear that Blog? I'm taking you down!Mwuahahaha!!!
I learned it from watching me, too. My blog machine has a wicked cool mirror on it.
Post a Comment