Thursday, April 28, 2005

online poker sucks

Well, I suppose that I wouldn't actually know if online poker sucks or not....BECAUSE I HAVEN'T PLAYED IT YET!!!

Let's back up a little bit...

In the past few months I've been getting into poker. I've read some books. I've played in some friendly games. I've even been to Atlantic City. So I thought that it was time to take the next step. Online play. I can win money from the comfort of my own home.

First, I went to PartyPoker.com but you had to deposit a minimum of $50. I was planning on starting with the $0.25 games so I don't need to put that much in....and I resent that they want to force me into it. So fuck them.

Next I went to Ultimatebet.com. Just like partypoker, they don't offer direct depositing of money. They merely give you a list of sub-companies that will handle it. Of course, to use one of these companies you have to sign up for accounts with them and pay them fees. Plus, you won't be able to use your credit card anyway because most credit card companies reject "gaming" transactions online. What the fuck is that? Why can't I spend my money however I want?

Well, I finally broke down and signed up with one. It took far too long to get an account. They wouldn't let me list my cell phone as my primary phone (which it is) because the area code is different than the region where I live. Then my credit card gets rejected there too. Then they give me an error message when I try to use my bank account! Then I had to wait for someone to call me to verify who I am! And I still can't use it because I have to wait to verify some shit with my bank tomorrow!

Why is it so hard to just play a damn hand of poker??? You'd think that the sites would want to make it easy for you to pay them!!! What genius is in charge of this??

Well I give up. They've lost a potential customer because it is far too much of a hassle to set it all up. In the time that I wasted, I could have just gone to Atlantic City again. At least there I get free drinks and pretty serving girls. This site sucks.

No comments: