So this weekend we lost another one (to di-tech). He went to the church. He said the vows. He put on the ring. And he attached the dreaded ball and chain (no offense, katie). I won't recount the details of the wedding because that would just be boring. There are 2 points I'd like to make, though.
1. The Best Man speech was AMAZING. Seriously. This was like something out of a movie. Spud started out light and funny. He made little jokes for different groups of people so that everyone could feel involved. But then he dropped the bomb. He got sentimental on us. He was losing the man he has lived with for many years now. He was losing a friend, and a brother (not a biological brother...I mean the way that black people use it with each other). I gotta tell ya. I almost teared up. If anyone out there has that speech written down, please send it to me...I'd love to read it again. Was there a wedding video?? I don't remember ever seeing a video camera.
2. I finally learned the significance of my blog this weekend. For those that don't know, Chris was a daily blogger (for the most part). And he had some college friends linked on his site that also blogged. So over the last year, I've gotten to know these people even though I've never met them face to face. Well, they were at the wedding. And it was strange to meet someone that you already know so much about. The following conversation happened at least 3 times:
ME: Hi, I'm rob.
Them: Rob Harford??
Me: ...yeah...
Them: The Rob Harford??
Me: ...heh...yeah...
Them: Rob Harford! I read your blog!
*fill in more talking here*
You get the idea. And this went both ways. I met Nordberg and Throckmorton and did the same thing to them. It was like a blogger convention (hence the title up top).
So that's all. I wish Chris and Katie the best of luck.
Oh, and if anyone sees John, could you tell him that I think he put too much charcoal on the grill?
Monday, August 15, 2005
like a blogger convention...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow...Rob Harford...THE Rob Harford...
channeling High Fidelity I see...
I'm back, baby!
Post a Comment