In blogs past, I've heralded a single event with a long verbose post that doesn't really go anywhere (yes, I know...sounds like all my posts). Well, this time I'll skip it and just get to the point.
I talked the talk...and this weekend I walked the walk. I bought a motorcycle.
To be more specific, it's a 2004 Honda Shadow 750 with cobra pipes.
It's hard to describe the feeling of riding a motorcycle by yourself. It's thrilling...and terrifying. It feels like you're flying.
I suggest that everyone get their motorcycle license. Taking just a weekend course makes you much more aware of other drivers on the road. You begin to see how unobservant many drivers really are.
Plus chicks dig motorcycles!

7 comments:
I like the purse on the side.
those saddle-bags are pretty expensive. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to leave them on or not. The bike would definitely look more sporty without them.
Congratulations! It's awesome....
congrats!...and...YOU BETTER WEARING A F---ING HELMET!!!!!!!! but I'm happy for you :)!....did I mention the helmet? chicks dig helmets!
I can't believe you even felt the need to say that!
When I was younger, my father owned/ran a motorcycle repair shop. We both belonged to the Christian Motorcycle Association. I've been around bikes my entire life. And I have a healthy fear of how dangerous they are. I'll be the guy on the road in the full riding suit and helmet. I have no interest in death or disfigurement.
Yeah but sometimes death and disfigurement can be fun!
Hey Rob, congrats on your new bike!!! When you ride up in North Jersey, I'd love to see it in person (and perhaps get a ride on it... hint, hint :-) I'm such a sucker for bikes! ~B~
Post a Comment