Thursday, September 29, 2005

Roommate ramblings: part 2

For the past few weeks, my roommate and I have been engaged in a heated argument about the movie Flight Plan. He thinks that it resembles Panic Room, but I just don't see it. It's Jodie Foster in a tense movie where she has a daughter. Panic room is about men trying to steal money from her Husband. Flight Plan is about Jodie Foster's daughter disappearing on a plane that she designed. (This makes me think of all those people who claim Gladiator was just like Braveheart...which I think is a load of crap)

Well, Apparently Roger Ebert is just as disillusioned as my roommate. He said that Flight Plan bears similarities to Panic Room. So now we argued more. But then my roommate said something that made me finally give in. I'll always know in my heart that the movies are nothing alike....but I won't fight him anymore. This is what he said:

"it's like all the Die Hard knock-offs...Speed: die hard on a bus... Under Siege: die hard on a ship... Schindler's List: die hard in a concentration camp. Well Flight Plan is Panic Room on a plane!"

How could I argue that?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Die Hard in a concentration camp. I love it.

Actually, IIRC, Panic Room is about Foster and her Daughter, but in that one she knows where her daughter is, but when she goes there, there's this new guy doing it.

Wait, wrong joke.