Question: What is even more fun than getting a shot at the Doctor's office?
Answer: Receiving thousands of shots that result in the permanent scarring of one's body.
Of course, I refer to the ancient practice of Body art....more commonly known as tattoos.
Why does a person get a tattoo? I guess there are many reasons. Sometimes a person wants to advertise something they feel strongly about. So they might get the name of a loved-one or a symbol, to show this.
Maybe they are part of a gang. I think you're supposed to get a tattoo whenever you kill someone. I'll have to ask my gang friends about this one.
Teenage rebellion is a great reason for life-long disfigurement. Just show up at the place and pick something. It doesn't matter what you get, as long as your parents hate it.
And then there is my category. People who get tattoos for no particular reason. My "tats" have no real significance. Of course, I can make stuff up so that they seem important. But, in truth, I just felt like getting them. The problem with this willy-nilly practice is that tattoos are addictive. You can't get just one. So instead of getting one tattoo on a whim, I've gotten 3. The newest one is still healing so I'll include a picture later on.
You know, it really hurts. Imagine someone repeatedly stabbing you with a pin. Yeah, that's pretty much how it feels. Well hey, no pain, no gain, right? ....right?
Well anyway, the point of this blog is that I'm curious if any of my readers have a tattoo. If so, what is it, and why did you get it?
And if you don't have one, ever thought of it? What might you get?
I'm going to get another one this winter, so suggestions are welcome.
Tuesday, November 15, 2005
A post for Masochists
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I don't have any!
Just don't like needles!
:o
Across my shoulderblades, I have the line from the Warriors..
CAN YOUUUUU DIG IT?
(There's actually 5 U's on my back.)
-no tattoos...because you know that i would probably turn into that chick with two full sleeves and a chest piece by the time i was 27...
One tattoo so far. Its my name in Egyptian hieroglyphs on the inside of my wrist. For two reasons, I love me (:P) and I love everything about those ancient civilizations (Egyptian, Greece, etc.) I want to get another one in the spring. A leaf that I designed on the side of my foot. To signify my turning a new leaf in my life now that I'm back on the East coast and have I job I love!
I'm considering getting the symbol of the Democratic Party, the kicking donkey, on my left shoulder. Either that, or "gettin jiggy wit it!" across Chris Condon's chest.
Post a Comment