Saturday, December 10, 2005

Random Music Trivia

So, I was reading some blogs, and one really caught my eye. Nordblog had a post where he played all of his mp3s on random. Then he wrote down the first line from the first 30 songs. So it was the reader's job to identify the song and artist. I thought that was a cool idea because not only is it fun trivia, but it also gives you a look into that person's personality (via what music he listens to). Well, he stole this from someone else...and so I'm stealing it from him. And I think other people should do this too...it's a lot of fun. Go do his first...then come back and do mine.

Now, I warn you, I have 15 gigs of music on my computer... so this is extremely random. If you get one (without having to look it up) then post in the comments. I'll post the missing answers last this week.

1. I can be your liar. I can be your bearer of bad news.

2. Reluctantly Crouched at the starting line.

3. When some loud bragger tries to put me down and say his school is great.

4. Sometimes I can't help but feelin that I'm living a life of illusion.

5. Yes, I heard all that you had to say. That's when it all fell apart.

6. I'm a punk rock prom queen. Brown paper magazine. Hotter than you've ever seen. And everywhere and in between.

7. You don't like crazy music. you don't like rockin bands.

8. Standing at the dock in Southampton, tryin to get to Holland or France.

9. I never used to snore in my sleep till this rap shit started.

10. You know a dream is like a river, ever changing as it flows.

11. You know he's not the kind of man who likes to see the world around him crumble to a ball around his feet.

12. Hi, my name is... What? my name is.. Who? My name is.... slim shady.

13. Yeah, this one right here goes out to all the babies mommas.

14. Where was I? I forgot the point that I was making.

15. I walked 47 miles of barbed wire. I got a cobra snake for a neck tie.

16. oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah. Imagine I'm in love with you.

17. we were above, you were standing underneath us, we were not yet lovers.

18. Well she was just 17, you know what I mean. and the wya she looked was way beyond compare.

19. When I'm single long enough, I start to look around for love.

20. And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain.

21. Let's go away for a while, to a strange and distant land.

22. Everybody's talking all this stuff about my, why don't they just let me live?

23. Hangin out with Lars down on 6th. He knew I was in Trouble.

24. Pappy said 'Son you're gonna drive me to drinkin if you don't stop drivin that hot rod lincoln.'

25. Livin on sponge cake, watchin the sun bake.

26. Don't make the bed up straight, I always stay out late. I never take you out, ask what you're all about.

27. I was a young boy who had big plans, but now I'm just another shitty old man.

28. When you look in the mirror, wish you were somebody else.

29. Many many years ago when I was 23, I was married to a widow who was pretty as can be.

30. Every time our eyes meet, this feelin inside me is almost more than I can take.

8 comments:

Matthew Weng said...

#2. Cake, The Distance

#12. Eminem, Slim Shady (or something like that)

#13. Outkast, I'm Sorry Miss Jackson

#20. Frank Sinatra, My Way

#25. Jimmy Buffet, Marguaritaville

#29. Willy Nelson, I Am My Own Grampa

#30. Lonestar, Amazed

Isabelle said...

#18. I Saw Her Standing There, The Beatles

#22. My Prerogative, could be Britney Spears, could be Bobby Brown

(the only other ones I knew were already guessed)

trailmonkey said...

19: pink triangle - weezer

21: holiday - weezer

17: tripping billies - dave matthews band

10: the river- garth brooks

Chris Condon said...

5 - Guster - So Long
11 - BNL - King of Bedside Manor
28 - Guster - Fa Fa

I posted mine on www.icarusfallen.us

Trip Thomas said...

come on people... figure out more of them! I accidentally deleted my answer list so the more that you get correct, the less I need to go back and find.

Anonymous said...

#6 is something from the "josie and the pussy cats" movie...

sharon said...

1. foo fighters, *tired*
3. beach boys, *be true to your school*
6. letters to cleo, *three small words*
7. elvis presley, *you're so square*
8. the beatles, *ballad of john and yoko*
9. ludacris, *blow it out*
15. the doors, *who do you love*
23. rancid, *olympia*
27. green day, *the grouch*

Trip Thomas said...

Missing answers:
4. Foo Fighters - Life of Illusion

14. They Might Be Giants - We want a Rock

16. Beatles - I'll Get You

24. Beverly Hillbillies Soundtrack - Hot Rod Lincoln - Sung by Jim Varney

26. Jimmy's Chicken Shack - Do Right

Corrections:
15. The version I was listening to was by George Thorogood

6. I believe this is just Kay Hanley (lead singer of letter to cleo) singing with a generic band behind her, for the Josie and the Pussycats soundtrack. Her voice is a lot like Rachel Leigh Cook's.