I don't have anything of worth to publish today. My life is super busy because of my job... but none of you really care about that. So what can I ramble on about for a few minutes?
I choose TV.
Today, I was thinking about television shows that I watched over the course of my life. Some were quality shows... highly rated...long lasting, etc. Some were crap. So what makes us become obsessed with bad shows?
I'll give you an example. One of the only shows that I watch religiously is Smallville, on the WB. It's your standard WB teen drama, but the hook is that it's about Superman as a teenager.
This is a bad show. I'll admit it. The first 2 seasons were cool and original... but then it just got weird... and bad. And yet, I still tune in every single week to see what happens next. I know that the writers are just gonna dick me around some more.... but I take it... and say "thank you sir, may I have another."
You could say that I watch to see cool "Superman" effects... or to stare at one of the hottest women I've ever seen. I'd like to think that those reasons stand alone. Who knows.
Today's question:
Which would you choose, being deaf or blind? Why?
Monday, January 30, 2006
Bad Television
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I've actually thought about that before.
I think I would have to choose blind. Yeah, I couldn't see anything, but it seems to me I'd rather be able to communicate with people and hear what they say as opposed to being able to see.
deaf...i could care less about what people say about me as long as i can look them in the eyes while they say it.
Well, if you're blind, you get some kind of tax benefit. So maybe I'd go with that.
hahahaha! tax benefit.
I'd definitely have to say deaf. The thought of being blind really scares me. It seems like you'd be more dependent on others being blind. Besides, sign language is cool!
Post a Comment