Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Strange event of the day

For certain reasons, we've finally decided that we need a telephone in our apartment (aside from our cell phones). I looked into 2 main companies: Verizon, and Cavalier. Here were the results...

Cavalier had better prices so I initially signed up with them. Upon completing the online application, they told me that I would receive a postcard in 3 to 5 weeks with my new phone number, and then someone would contact me about setting up the service. 3 to 5 weeks? What the fuck? How long does it take to turn on the phone lines in my apartment???

Ok, so then I went to verizon. After taxes and fees, they wound up being $10/month more than cavalier. So I decided to call them up and see if they had any specials for young "go getters" like myself. After going through the automated menus, they transferred me to an operator.... and I got a busy signal. ...I got a busy signal while calling a PHONE COMPANY!! WHAT THE FUCK!

Did the phone companies gather together and conspire against me?? I'm so confused...

2 comments:

Chris Smith said...

You have broadband at home, right??

Get VOIP (Vonage, etc.) Much cheaper. Takes about a week for all the equipment to come in or you can go to Best Buy and get it today.

Anonymous said...

Dude, I know your boss and he is a dick, sure - but I'm pretty sure he'll sponsor you a vonage unit.

Ask him
Mention my name