Friday, January 13, 2006

But I won't do that...

A few days ago I was driving home from work, when suddenly a blast from the past came on the radio. Meatloaf. Now, I feel the need to state that I only know 3 Meatloaf songs... but they're fun songs... I like them. Of course, on this particular afternoon, it was his 90's hit I Would Do Anything For Love.

We've all had the conversation in the past about what that one thing was that he wouldn't do. We've all seen the Dr. Pepper commercial where they give their opinion on the matter. But I wanted to know what the rest of the world thought.

As I expected, there are a lot of blogs and forums on this particular subject. And everyone has a different idea. So, instead of providing you with an original thought, I compiled some of my favorite ideas from others.

So, in no particular order, here are my favorite 5 things that Meatloaf wouldn't do for love:

1. Hold his girlfriend's purse while she's busy trying things on in the mall.

2. Clean the litter box.

3. Write a decent song.

4. Use a Thigh Master.

5. Lie naked on a burgundy satin sheet whilst being licked and nibbled from head to toe by a relay of six nymphomaniacal 17-year-old virgin schoolgirls whose sole reason for existence is to give oral pleasure to a randy vicar.

And this was a follow up comment that someone made at the end of one of the forum strings:

Obsessive analysis of Meatloaf lyrics is not amusingly ironic or illuminatingly post-modern. It's just profoundly tragic.

Feel free to add your own ideas, though I'm sure that none of you can be nearly as funny as me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know this marks me as tragic, but...

The radio edit of the song actually cuts the verse where it states what he WON'T do.

I saw the song in concert. It sparks a lot less conversation, but makes a hell of a lot more sense.