(By Dottie)
“Beep” from PussyCat Dolls featuring Will.I.Am from Blackeyed Peas (so you know it’s going to be good)
I’ve been meaning to rant about this one for a while. If you listen to the radio at all, you’re bound to come across it eventually. It’s been out for some time now, and here’s the main chorus:
Ha, ha-ha, ha-ha
Ha, ha-ha, ha
Ha-ha, ha-ha, ha-ha
Ha, ha-ha, ha
[Will.I.Am]
It's funny how a man only thinks about the...(beep)
You got a real big heart, but I'm looking at your...(beep)
You got real big brains, but I'm looking at your...(beep)
Girl, there ain't no pain in me looking at your...(beep)
[PCD]
I don't give a...(beep)
Keep looking at my...(beep)
'Cause it don't mean a thing if you're looking at my...(beep)
I'm a do my thing while you're playing with your...(beep)
Ha, ha-ha, ha-ha, ha-ha
Yeah…about that…
There’s more, much, much more, and they repeat this “beep” chorus like three more times in there, but you get the idea. It’s just awful isn’t it? -Painful to read and even worse to listen to. It’s kind of so bad that you want to laugh, but also SO BAD that you want to cry. It doesn’t even have a good beat that you can focus on to try and block out all of the ridiculousness. Maybe it’ll make the cut for a Date Movie 2 soundtrack…it’s THAT bad.
I’m sorry, I’m quite the appreciator of all kinds of music, but what the hell is this?! Who wrote this and decided it was a good idea to unleash it on the world?? It’s all over the radio! I’m insulted by that. What is wrong with our generation?! Where are the Marleys, Dylans, Lennons, and Cobains even? Sure, there’s still good music out there, only you have to conduct a freaking top secret investigation into the more underground and indie circuits to find it. You can’t just hear good music for free on the radio anymore. Those days are long gone. It’s so disappointing.
On a semi-unrelated and happier note, check out www.retrojunk.com to satisfy your nostalgic tendencies.
Wednesday, May 31, 2006
All hail the most ridiculous song EVER
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Given the lack of intellect used in censoring of songs on the radio, I actually thought it was amusing, since other than the intentional beeps, the song has never been censored that I've heard.
Regarding the censor thing, I once heard a song where a blatant reference to ejaculate was left in, but the word 'ovulating' was censored out.
As for really good music, if I hear two good songs on one CD I generally try to pick it up. Good songs just don't come along that often, and artists who can reliably put them out are rare.
I'll assume a difference in taste, though, given who you picked as examples of 'goodness'. Frankly, while Dylan and Lennon may have been artistically or critically acclaimed, I can rarely listen to anything by either one without changing the station. Interestingly, covers of the songs don't have that effect, so it may have been them as musical artists rather than songwriters. Cobain, in general, has the same effect.
Marley though. Man, I can't listen all day, but only because the goodness becomes too much to bear.
If something happened before you could experience it, but you caught the aftershocks of it (like syndication for a TV show) can you really be nostalgic for it?
You totally have a point Rob. I've got XM in my car and I love it!!!! But when I drove my mom's car the other day and was listening to the radio, it was horrible. There's nothing good left for free. And yes, that song is absolutely horrific.
Censorship is an angle I didn't even think to comment on. I was too wrapped up in being appalled by the overall quality of this particular song, or lack thereof, but Kenny brings up an interesting point.
Censorship on the radio is becoming as erratic as good music. Whether or not this decline is a good thing is for the individual to decide. Personally, I back freedom of speech 100% but I feel that something so widely broadcasted and easily accessible as a radio station should be regulated and censored for content, at least until we are able to block certain stations from our children like we do TV channels. I have noticed that radio content, however, is more vulgar and inappropriate than ever, and I worry about the impact this has on younger listeners. I certainly think that it is the responsibility of the parent to control what kinds of media their children are exposed to, but nowadays it seems like almost every station is inappropriate for young ears, be it the songs themselves or the DJs, and that's not right. Besides, I don't want to have to constantly listen to that crap either! I mean, I'm always game for a laugh...I like dirty jokes...I'm up for controversial/taboo topics...but day after day of the same old sexual innuendo really starts to wear on me and I wonder if everyone actually likes it...if so, I'm concerned.
Now, about my idea of "good music," I like all kinds of genres and artists from different time periods. I threw out a few of the most well known people I could think of so that everyone could follow my point, but of course the list doesn’t end there. And yes, I consider folks like Lennon and Dylan much more influential as songwriters than singers, and Cobain as more of an innovator of musical style than anything else.
Ps. YOU can be nostalgic for anything that YOU have experienced in the past, regardless of its history outside of your experience, though I think the more authentic the better:)
Wait, I didn't even notice that it was Dottie writing this blog. Man, I feel like an ass. My bad!
Post a Comment