Monday, May 08, 2006

Biker Boyz

I had planned on talking about the Broad Street run today. However, it was pretty uneventful and there's not much to say. I came. I ran. I went home.

Now, what I did later in the day, is much better.

I went on my first "Group" motorcycle ride.

In a few weeks, I'll head down to DC for the Memorial Day weekend ride. So, to prepare for that, my dad and I are going out riding on the weekends. Yesterday, 2 other guys joined us. We were like a fierce motorcycle gang, riding through the streets of Medford (sounds fearsome, I know).

Whenever I was driving in a car, and saw other people doing this, I never really saw the point. But now I do. You see, when I'm out riding alone, I'm keenly aware of the danger. Even the smallest of cars can be deadly if they run into me (ok, maybe not sarah's car... I'm pretty sure my bike would knock that thing over). But when you're in a group, there are other guys watching out for you. I had someone in front of me, watching the path ahead... and someone behind me, keeping cars from getting too close. It makes the ride much more relaxing.

It was a good day. I like motorcycles.

1 comment:

Dottie said...

I find myself both worried and turned on at the same time...