If I had a perfect day
I would have it start this way
Open up the fridge and have a tall boy
Yeah ...
Ok, so Smith is probably the only one who got that...
Anyway, I'd like to talk about impulse buying. We've all done it. At times,we regret it. Other times, we relish in our good find (mmm, relish).
This past weekend, I loved it.
Every few weeks, I try to drive up to my parents house and go for a motorcycle ride with my dad. It's a family bonding thing. Well, we had to get something adjusted on my bike that had to do with how much fuel is released into the engine... and so we went to Cycle World in Cherry Hill.
Here was the plan: Go in. Get bike looked at. Maybe take a glance around at the cool bikes that we can't afford and don't want. Then, meet up with some friends and go for a ride.
Here is what actually happened: We went in. We turned towards the service counter. But then all hell broke loose when the coolest bike EVER was sitting right in front of me.
It was a 2004 Honda Shadow VT1100 (just like my current bike but a bit bigger). It was painted purple with faded flames. AWESOME. Also, even though it was two years old, it was brand new. They just got it from the factory. So they were selling it at the used price.
Well, how could I pass this up? So, long story short, after 5 hours of debating price with the dealer, and a lot of paperwork, I drove home on a different motorcycle than I had started with that day.
I hadn't planned on buying a new motorcycle. I hadn't planned on buying anything that day. But sometimes you see something and you just have to own it.
Monday, July 03, 2006
One Fine Day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Impulsive buying is bad news. I know you got a good deal and all, but it's still bad. It's a good thing you look so damn hot on your new bike, or I'd really give you a hard time about this...but for the time being, I'm just too distracted.
Relish away:)
Nice. Well played. What good is money if you don't spend it on the things you're passionate about? That's a damn fine looking bike. Three of my co-workers have BMW bikes and I don't know why, but those bikes just annoy me. Maybe they're not loud enough. It's probably a snob thing. Anyway, ride it in good health, my friend.
Impulse buying can be good and bad. I do a lot of impulse buying myself, so I know! But the bike looks hot and if you got a good deal on it, we that's awesome. So enjoy!
wear a dang helmet! :)
If the impulse buy is something you were going to buy eventually anyhow, or if it's not going to cause you financial hardship, it's generally not a good thing.
Not that impulse buys are a good pattern to get into, but any time I have to plan out every single purchase I make for any length of time I get fairly depressed.
Anyhow, nice looking bike.
Post a Comment