Monday, February 12, 2007

2 Legit 2 Quit Learning?

My old computer has been pronounced dead. After weeks of troubleshooting possible motherboard issues (which was about as productive as a blind man in a strip club), I gave up. I don't know what happened to my old computer, and I don't care. Instead, I pulled out the company credit card and ordered a new super sweet Dell XPS gaming system. We'll see how long I can go before my company sends me the bill.

I named it Slagathor. Yes, that's from a recent episode of Scrubs. I just really liked the name. So suck it! I'll name it whatever I want!

I have no grand scheme today. But it is a momentous occasion. Today I did something that I swore I would NEVER do again in my lifetime. I signed up for classes! AHH!

Yeah, lately I've felt like I am a Jack of all Trades but a master of nothing (IT related, that is). So I'm going back to school for my Masters in Information Management, with a focus in Managing IT projects and companies. I have no crazy plan of running my own IT company, but I do want to move up the ladder in my current job (or in another job down the road). So think about it... the higher up you go, you make more money, and do less work. This is because you get more and more people beneath you to delegate tasks to.

So anyway, next month I begin a course on business ethics. I just hope my final exam isn't like what happened to Bradley Whitford at the end of Billy Madison (you can only be shot so many times in your life before you just lose the motivation to keep going).

um, that's all I got.

This isn't the funny that you're looking for. Move along.

1 comment:

Dottie said...

You're going to be great baby- you’re all responsible and stuff now, plus you're very good at your job already, so you can definitely kick this Master's Degree program's ass and be finished in no time. It will help that a) work is footing the bill this time instead of yourself, and practically paying you to go at that since there's no where for your salary to go but up, and b) it's just a class or two at a time, covering material you're bound to have at least heard of before in your extensive business experience.

So you go ahead and take care of the whole learning and achieving part...I'm going to start telling people that I'm dating a hot graduate student. YUM!