Well, it was bound to happen... I just wish it was a year later. Studio 60 has unofficially been cancelled. After tonight's episode they are going on "hiatus" and the Black Donnelly's will take that time slot. There are 6 more episodes already filmed to end out the season and there is still debate over whether or not they will be aired. If not, then hopefully those episodes will be on the DVD when it gets released.
I knew the show wouldn't last more than 2 seasons. It didn't have a plot outisde of writing for their comedy sketch show each week and trying to hit deadlines. But I liked it. I liked the characters. I liked the jokes. I even liked some of the fake sketches (though some weren't funny at all). In a time when one of the top rated shows on television centers around someone open suitcases containing money amounts and then calculating the odds of winning a lot of money against taking a deal from a banker, Studio 60 at least brought some intelligence to the table. and I'm going to miss that.
My hope is that Sorkin will forget about this recent downfall and come up with a new brilliant idea for his next project. He hasn't let me down yet, so I'm fairly certain I'll like it.
Monday, February 19, 2007
Studio 60 goes off the air
Labels:
television
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment