So, I have a lot that I could talk about.
1. I'm buying a house. Soon. Hopefully by next month.
2. I drove to Bike Week in Daytona over the weekend. Total driving time was 44 hours and we spent about 48 hours relaxing down there. But it was a lot of fun. I'll upload some cool pictures later on.
3. Grad School has begun. Man I hate being in school again. How did I do it all those years?
4. I ate a new green vegetable! A JalapeƱo. It was on a pizza with pepperoni. It actually was kinda good because I like hot foods. So there ya go. Maybe next year I'll try Asparagus.
Ok, now that those things are out of the way I can get to my random memory of the day:
In 1999 I was a senior in High School. For our senior trip, we chose to visit Disney World (like every other high school in the entire world) in the spring....
There are a lot of stories I could tell here... and I think Matt has already started laughing because he's part of most of them.
but this is a less funny story. It's just something that I randomly think about every now and then.
Matt, Justin, and I (along with whoever) wanted to ride on Splash Mountain. Well, the line was 5 million people long with an approximate wait time of FOREVER. We didn't have anything else to do so we got in line.
If you looked around, the entire area was decorated like the old west, and as we wound up and down aisles we would pass by fake buildings and such. Well, for no apparent reason I decided to knock on every building to see if people were inside and would knock back (I did the Roger Rabbit "Shave and a Hair Cut" knock). So I'd stand there and knock and then put my ear up against the wall to listen for someone to knock back.
No one did.
As the minutes and hours dragged by, I began to lose hope. It seemed that no mystical wonders were held inside these buildings. So as we rounded the last building, I leaned in without conviction to knock one last time. But just as I pulled back in dejection.... Hark! Someone knocked back ("Two Bits!")!
I was so excited that I jumped up and turned around to tell Justin what just happened; a child-like glee showing on my face. But when I turned around and looked at him, he had the expression of someone who was trying very hard to keep a straight face. It lasted maybe 3 seconds. Then he burst out laughing...
...because he had knocked back at me...
I was a fool... and he was a jerk...
...and I called him friend.
Thursday, March 08, 2007
Random Memory #1
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
There are so many exciting things going on right now, it's crazy! Between all of house stuff, my new job, your new class, vacation planning, friends getting married, married friends having babies...I can hardly keep up with it all, but it's awesome! And you trying a new "green thing" is the icing on the cake baby, haha (although I don't know if you'll like asparagus...you can put cheese on it, so that might help).
Anyway, I'm very excited for all of this growing and celebrating we have ahead of us; the moving and the cleaning and the working maybe a little less than the celebrating, but I'm really looking forward to all of it...especially IKEA! YAY!
Oh, and Justin's a jerk.
;-)
Post a Comment