I read a farside comic this week that made me think of a story from college.
The night that a visitor wouldn't leave! (spooky music in the background)
Growing up, I had 2 best friends (Matt and Justin). After we all left for college, we would only get to see each other a few times each year. So anytime we all got together, we'd go to someone's house and sit up all night talking.
Well, during one of these occasions, we needed more caffeine... so we went to the greatest convenience store in the WORLD...Wawa. While searching for the soda with the most caffeine (there was no such thing as Red Bull back then), we ran into another friend from high school; Scott Lightfoot.
After talking to Scott for a few minutes, one thing led to another and he was coming back to my house with us to hang out. Ok, it was fine. We liked Scott. We'd catch up with him for a while and then commence with our caffeine-a-thon.
And then the hours began to slide away... and he was still there.
Now, looking back, I have no idea why we didn't say "Hey Scott, go home." Because we were jerks (who am I kidding... I'm still a jerk) and definitely would have said something like that to a friend. But we didn't.
After some more time passed, we shared an unspoken idea....
We pretended that we were going to bed right then. We all laid down and started to go to sleep.
But Scott was still there.
So we turned off the TV and closed our eyes.
But Scott was still there.
Finally, Justin leaned over and turned off the only remaining light...leaving the room in utter darkness.
After a few more minutes Scott got the idea and went home.
Friday, August 10, 2007
Random Memory #2
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That's just mean.
I'd like to say that you've come a long way since then, but I'd be lying. I recall a recent example of your evolved charm, when you told your guest "Alright, I'm tired. Get out."
At least no one can ever say you're hard to read baby;-)
Hey Rob, I googled my name and I got this story. I always thought that was a pretty unusual course of events, but it was late, and I had to go home and practice wearing giant medallions and long running tights sans shorts.
Post a Comment