Proper breathing techniques are very important. It doesn't matter if you are exercising, shopping, or sitting around the house; you need to breathe the right way.
For me, that's even more important because of my asthma. I have to make sure that my breathing stays calm while I run or else my lungs close up (I'd make some kind of a joke there but it just isn't funny - I could actually die).
Well in my last few gym workouts I've really focused on my breathing while I was lifting, and I'm already seeing improvements because of that. I'm able to lift more without expending as much energy because my body remains more relaxed and focused.
I guess that's why so many people do yoga and meditation. It teaches you to always maintain calm steady breathing. I might need to try that.
Anyway, that's my tip of the day. Keep breathing.
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Breathe In - Breathe Out
Labels:
gym,
workout tips
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yeah, I've had to take plenty of deep breaths dealing with you and your shenanigans baby. Wait, I feel another one coming on...
Luv you ;-)
Aaah...Breathing! That's why your doing so well at the gym...I guess starting the rumor at work that you take HGH wasn't a good idea ... live and learn, right?
Post a Comment