One of my ongoing goals is to try new foods - specifically healthy foods - to coincide with my shift towards healthiness.
Well, over the weekend I made a huge step forward. I had fish for the first time. Grilled Salmon, to be specific. Now, I must note that I did try grilled salmon last month (took a bite of J-Love's meal), but this was the first time I ever ordered it as MY meal.
It wasn't bad. It had a consistency similar to chicken, and an overall low level of "fishy-ness". I do believe that I could eat this again.
Fish are really good for you. They have a lot of protein AND omega-3 fatty acids (which I have been taking via vitamins).
So that's my story. I'm proud of myself. Yay Me!
Next up on the list is a Spinach salad (I have one waiting for me in the fridge right now...)
Monday, February 11, 2008
Fear Me, Fish!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I was super surprised when you decided to go with the salmon at the restaurant the other night. I'm glad that you liked it...and that there was so much of it that I got to eat the leftovers for lunch the next day.
I'm so proud of you baby!
XO
Post a Comment