Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Wall Street Wannabe

I have another post coming which I've already titled "The Summer of George" but I don't have time to write it today... plus it's not summer and I'm not George... so I need to work on some details there...

in the mean time let's jump past that post and talk about getting in the game.

For the past 2 years I've sat on the sidelines and watched stocks, but never bought any. I've had quite a few times where I said "I should buy this stock right now" and it goes way up. Well, I got tired of sitting on the sidelines. I've finally opened an Ameritrade Account.

I haven't put much in it yet because my main purpose is to use this as a learning tool. I don't want to put more money in than what I'm prepared to lose (just like gambling).

So - anybody got some hot stock tips out there?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

plastics

Mama said...

Get a financial advisor. Have him/her develop a long-term finanical plan for you. If you want to buy any stocks on your own, then take a chunk and do so. But just make sure you have the finanical base to do so first.

Trip Thomas said...

You're looking at this all wrong. This isn't my investment account. I have one of those - and an advisor already. This is my new hobby. It's my way of learning about the stock market so I can have some fun.

Mama said...

OK! I was just making sure you had that all figured out first. Mama's just looking out for your best interest... ;-)

Then you have my blessing - go crazy with your stocks! But sorry, I don't have any tips for ya....