...no bonus points for knowing the reference in my post title... it's too easy...
Not so long ago, I believed myself to be a computer programmer. In retrospect, I was very wrong in that belief. You see, knowing how to write code doesn't make you a programmer... just like knowing how to play Mario Kart doesn't make you a gamer.
But that's neither here nor there. Let's jump over to movies for a minute.
In the past I've mentioned the Movie Review Site that I use. On the right-hand bar of my blog it displays the last few movies I've watched. It's a great, and simple, site. Every time I watch a movie I add it to the system. If the movie is already in there then I can just enter the date that I watched it. There are 2 good things about this:
1. I now have a record of when I watch movies (I like that because I'm a big dork)
2. A lot of friends use the site so it's a place where I can get movie reviews from normal people.
Ok back to programming...
Had I been a real programmer, I would have written a site much like the movie Review site...except it would have been for books. But aside from a few brain-storming sessions, I never got very far on the project. ...more proof that I wasn't a good programmer.
Which brings me back to the title (and focus) of this post. A friend recently sent me a link to a site she had been using. It's a book review site. You keep track of what you're reading, what you've read in the past, and what you want to read in the future. Then you can establish connections with other users and share your reviews with them.
the site is www.goodreads.com and you can view my profile by going to:
http://www.goodreads.com/profile/ainvar99
I encourage you all to do this. There are so many books out there that are fantastic but no one ever hears about them. So this can get the word out.
Go sign up and share some books with me.
Thursday, May 15, 2008
Conan the Librarian
Labels:
books,
cool website
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yes! My life is complete! I've gotten a mention on Rob's blog! :)
Post a Comment