Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Excuse me, where are the Burns-O's ?

Alternate blog title: ...Ketchup....Katsup....

I have an important question that I want to ask my readers. If you don't want to read the rambling story that precedes it then jump down to the bottom. Otherwise, buckle up and enjoy the ride.

When I was in middle school, a friend slept over one night and we (my family, me, and this friend) went out to breakfast at a diner. My friend, let's call him Johnny Stupid-Face, and I both ordered scrambled eggs. So when they arrived, I did my normal routine of putting ketchup on my eggs.

Johnny was aghast. He couldn't believe I would put ketchup on eggs. So I said, "ok, what do YOU put on your eggs?" Well, he sat there a minute looking around nervously and grabbed butter.

He started smearing butter on his eggs. And from the look on his face as he ate his buttery eggs, he had never done this before and it didn't taste very good. But he was a stubborn man, and he refused to admit that maybe I was right to use ketchup.

I've since seen him partake of the red tomato goodness.

Alright, so I was talking to someone this morning and AGAIN I was given a hard time for saying that I like ketchup on my eggs. So I need to pool my readers.

QUESTION:
If you like eggs, do you put ketchup on them? If not, then what do you use?

No comments: