Every now and then I talk about my efforts to get in shape. I've tried various workout routines and diet plans. Many of them have worked, but often life gets in the way. You get injured. You get busy at work. You have a baby (no I don't have a baby). Then before you know it, you've missed an entire month of workouts and lost most of your progress.
Well yeah that happens. You just can't always fit long arduous workouts into your schedule. But there is a remedy for this. Make smaller workouts.
Here is a workout plan that a friend of mine is following. I've started it up as well. You workout 6 days per week but each session is less than 30 minutes.
In addition, I've also started playing Ultimate 3 to 4 times per week. I think it will help a lot if I can get out and run around for at least 20 or 30 minutes each day.
Anyway, here's the schedule:
MONDAY http://www.mystrengthforlife.
TUESDAY http://www.mystrengthforlife.
WEDNESDAY http://www.mystrengthforlife.
THURSDAY http://www.mystrengthforlife.
FRIDAY http://www.mystrengthforlife.
SATURDAY http://www.mystrengthforlife.
SUNDAY REST
Yes, Tuesday and Friday are the same workout so they use the same PDF file.
It should also be noted that you don't have to follow this exactly. I've taken it as a guide for which muscle groups to work on each day and I will change up the specific exercises from week to week. You don't want your body to become accustomed to your workout plans or it will stop building muscle and burning fat. So keep changing it up.
As always, have a goal in mind when you workout. For me, it's two-fold. One, I have about 11 weeks until I go to Beach-Week in Wildwood so I want to be in shape. Two, I want to be competitive on the field (ultimate) this summer so I need to be in better running shape.
Ok that's all. Seacrest OUT!
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
A little less conversation, a little more action
Labels:
exercise,
workout tips
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment