This is a snippet of conversation I heard last night in a movie theater in Philadelphia. We were watching the trailer for the Karate Kid remake (starring Jayden Smith).
Person 1: You know I think that's Will Smith's son.
Person 2: Who?
Person 1: Will Smith. You know... the Fresh Prince of Bel Air?
Person 2: Oh that's right.
[pause]
Person 2: He's from Philly right?
Person 1: Yeah I think so.
Person 2: Where?
[pause]
Person 2: South Philly?
Person 1: No I think it was West Philly.
Person 2: Oh ok.
These people were sitting right behind me. I nearly spit out my soda.
Thursday, March 25, 2010
Overheard Ramblings #1
Labels:
Overheard Ramblings
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh Philadelphians - they bring me joy. Between that and the drunk guys in front of us, it's hard to imagine a better crowd.
He grew up in Wynnefield. I don't get what's so funny.
hahaha! I'm not a fan of J- smith though. What the HELL was he doing in the Day the Earth Stood Still...which probably should not have been remade...too soon
Post a Comment