Wanna hear a weird story? Of course you do...
As I've mentioned before, my Grandmother died in October...and then my Grandfather in November. Before he died, though, he foretold the future...
Now, let me jump aside for a minute. My grandfather had 3 brothers and 1 sister. 1 brother was shot back in the 40's. My great Uncle Joe died in 99. He left behind a wife (aunt anne) and her sister (aunt mary). They are the topic of this story.
Now, when someone's husband dies, you'd think that they would be pretty sad. And she was. But not as much as her sister. Aunt Mary went crazy. Certifiable. She would just fade in and out of reality. But that's neither here nor there...
Getting back on track. Mary and Anne go to Florida every winter (duh...that's where old people go...it's the law). Then, they live at the shore in the summer.
Now let's get back to my grandfather. I'm really getting to the point here this time...I swear. A few days before he initially went into the hospital, he said that one of them (Anne or Mary) wouldn't come back this year. He might have been joking...or just saying it because he wished it... but the fact remains that he DID say it.
...and it happened. I lost another family member. Well, technically she's my Great Aunt's sister...so no real relation to me. But still. Another one. My great aunt Mary. No idea how it happened. Funeral is friday. I've been to too many of these lately. So if any of you are thinking of dying in the near future, please wait a few months.
But the point of this post is not to dwell on the death...but to look at the premonition. It was pretty freaky how much my grandfather affected us after he died. He had already bought my birthday present and all of our christmas gifts, and he foretold the death of someone. It's just all very weird. Ok, I'm done now. Back to work. The life of an Operational Manager is never done.
Wednesday, December 15, 2004
fortune tellers...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment