Now that my blogging has slowed down to a crawl, I've found that the whole process has changed. It's much easier AND much harder than it used to be. Allow me to explain:
Chris Condon blogs ALMOST daily. So, each day he has to think of something knew to blog about. He focuses on one topic and really has to make it good. If you can do that, then more power to you. Now, if you only blog once a week then you can be more random. Say a little blurb about a lot of topics. Makes life easier, right? WRONG.
Now that my pace has slowed, I'm sure to have lost at least 1 of my 5 loyal readers. To retain
the rest, I have to make sure that each new blog is funny enough to keep the remaining fans checking back every few days until I blog again. That's a lot of pressure!
But let's try...
So there's one obvious reason to blog today. We all watched the Academy Awards last night.
Here are some things that I learned by watching the Oscars, and then a scary thought that I had.
1. Banana Republic doesn't make tank-tops.
2. Clint Eastwood is going to live to be very very old.
3. Michael Mann directed Aviator (Sorry, Marty, I saw it on TV so it must be true)
And here's the thought:
What if someone blew up the building last night? What if everyone in there was killed? What would happen to movies? All of the best actors, actresses, and directors are dead. Kevin Smith is the new Spielberg. Vin Diesel is the new Tom Cruise. Would we even continue to make movies? Then look at the impact of job loss. Production companies go under, DVD distributors go under. Video Stores aren't getting new movies anymore so they slowly fade out. Millions lose their jobs. The country goes into another Great Depression.
And why do we call it the Great Depression anyway? What was so great about it? Everyone became poor. Was that great? I don't think so...
Anyway, all of these horrible things happen all because our big name movie people are dead. So think about that the next time you see a movie and say "God this movie sucks! I wish Joel Schumacher would die!" because you may not know the consequences of that wish.
One final thought:
Why do croutons come in airtight packages? Aren't they just stale bread to begin with?
Monday, February 28, 2005
Highs and Lows of Blogdom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment