You see it all the time in movies. If someone has an item that you want, there's only one thing to do. You have to steal something they want, and offer a trade. It's brilliant....and I can't believe I didn't think of it before.
I have something you want, Chris Condon.
Let me take you, the reader, back in time.....
It's July of 2003. Lou and Julie organized a Shawneegroup camping trip to Lum's Pond in DE. The response was small; maybe 8 of us altogether. But we had fun. Games and Frisbee during the day and scary fireside stories at night. It was a wonderful escape from the world for a weekend, and it was eternally preserved in the form of one Digital-8 camcorder cassette tape. Yes, that's right....we video taped it.
Don't worry, we're getting to the Condon part.
Now, Out of the all the people who showed up, only one of us had the necessary tools and skills (ex: bo skills, numchuck skills) to capture that video onto a computer and edit it. The goal was to make a camping compilation that we could share for all time. And who was this oh-so-talented person? Yes....a Mr. Christopher Leslie Condon.
I know you're asking yourself "But rob, I don't get it." Well, stop thinking just keep reading.
So I gave the tape to Chris. He promised to capture the video and send it to us.... I'd like to remind you that this was July of 2003. Nearly 2 years ago.
...He still has the tape. And he hasn't done anything with it but taunt us.
Well, today the taunting ends, my friend! Because I have something of yours.
I have a vintage 1999/2000 Delaware Sideshow Ultimate disc that belongs to you. And you can have it back for the small price of one camping video.
If the tape is not returned then I will do the unthinkable. Something so horrible that my fingers are trembling as I type this....
I will write "Whammo" across the top, then slice the disc in twain...thus ending its days of flying.
You have pushed me to the edge, Mr. Condon. Wanna see what happens when I fall off?
Thursday, May 19, 2005
Ransom: It's not just a movie anymore
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment