Thursday, September 08, 2005

Post #100 - Is it Chicken or Tuna?

Well, it's been a long journey but we did it, folks! This is my 100th post (if you don't count 2 posts that I've deleted.)

Since I've already done my "best of" post, and since yesterday was such a long ramble, today let me give you a short story. One that doesn't paint me in the smartest of lights.

For over a month, now, I've lived in an apartment. It's pretty cool.....has all those normal apartment things. But we also opted for a washer and dryer. Now don't worry, this isn't a story about me learning how to do laundry....I learned that at least a year ago :-)

But for a long time, I was very confused with this machine. On the top there is a sticker that reads "Clean lint trap after each use". Sounds simple right? NO

I couldn't find it. There was no lint trap ANYWHERE that I could find. Inside or out. After a few weeks, I convinced myself that this was some new model that sucked the lint out into some ventilation tube and sent it outside. This makes sense if you look at the machine. It has 2 grates in the back on the inside.

Well anyway, last week I decided that I needed to look again (for the 100th time). I did the usual checks. I ran my hands around inside the machine...then on top...then reached around back....hoping to find some panel that would slide out to reveal this lint trap. But to no avail.

But then it hit me. Those 2 grates inside the machine were almost identical....almost... except that one of them had 2 large finger-sized holes. So, being the dare-devil that I am, I stuck my fingers in the holes and pulled. And you'll never guess what I found!

Voice of reader: Was it the lint trap??

um....yeah...how did you guess?

Voice of reader: Well it was kind of obvious! The whole stupid story was about the freakin thing!

oh...right. Well you guessed it. I found the lint trap. And it had enough lint in there to make a sweater. Boy did I have egg on my face.

So let that be a lesson to you, readers. Never give up your dreams. Because one day, you too may find your lint trap....your lint trap of life....

No comments: