Catchy title, eh? A friend brought this up to me a few days ago and I've been talking to peers to confirm what I learned. Now I'm ready to share.
In a recent Issue of Mens Health Magazine, they had an article about sexual preference. They surveyed over 400 college students (men and women) with a question:
Would you rather have sex with a person who is very obese, or a very attractive person who has a sexually transmitted disease (STD)?
The overwhelming response was that, if they had to choose, they would take their chances with the STDs.
Seem strange? I imagine that right about now your morals are kicking in. You're thinking, "at least I won't get an STD from a fat person, so I 'd totally choose them." Well, stop lying to yourself. You know which one you'd choose.
Imagine the choice between the lead singer of Blues Traveler (John Popper... before he lost the weight), or Brad Pitt with the Clap.
How about Rosanne Barr, or Jessica Simpson with genital herpes?
It's a little bit easier for women to take the high road. You could suffer through the situation and move on with your life. But for men, it's not so simple. If a guy isn't attracted to the person he is with, then there could be "performance issues". Besides, would you want to live the rest of your life with the memory of that night?
I read some forums on the topic and people agreed with the outcome of the article. Then I asked some friends, and they all said the same thing. Bring on the STD.
Anyone wanna try and argue that?
Thursday, May 25, 2006
Fat or Disease-ridden?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
To be fair, condoms do protect against the spreading of STDs...
I'm not hating on the overweight, but I certainly wouldn't have sex with anyone I wasn't attracted to. Incredibly obese could be a problem for me, but then again so could a tall dark and handsome type who's a complete tool.
Can I change my answer to Jessica Simpson with genital herpes?
I have to respectfully disagree with Spud. Rob made the key point when he said "take your chances" with a person with STDs. The way I see it, if you choose the hot chick, you get to have sex with a hot chick, and there's only a CHANCE you would get an STD.
By definition, if you choose the fatty, there's no way you're getting out of there without having to sex a fatty.
Post a Comment