On many occasions I've stated that movies (and books) are my escape from reality. I get hit with pure reality every hour of every day... so it's nice to settle in to a movie and pretend to be someone else for a few hours. For that brief amount of time I can save the princess, kill the bad guys, steal the treasure, or travel through space and time.
But we all know that.
So here's why I brought it up. Someone asked me a question yesterday that I thought was pretty interesting:
If you could become a movie character, who would you choose?
This means that not only are you like them, but you will go through whatever they go through in a movie. So basically, don't pick a character who dies :-)
I really had to think about this for a while. Someone like John McClane is a great character... but he really gets beat up throughout the Die Hard series. On that same note, any Mel Gibson character is right out.
Batman? Spend your time eternally seeking revenge for the murder of your parents.
Superman? Isolated on a world where you always have to keep half of your life a secret, knowing that you are the last of your kind.
In the end, after thinking about it for just a few minutes, I decided that I might pick a John Cusack character; perhaps Martin Blank, Vince Larkin, or Nick Falzone. I also considered picking a Jimmy Stewart character - he always played pretty cool people.
But like I said, this was with only a few minutes of thinking about it.
So I pose the question to you, dear readers: What movie character would you become?
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Until you've walked a mile in his shoes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I would love to be Marty McFly. He's a smart, resourceful kid who goes back to a nice quiet time and hangs out with a his dad as a teenager. And he has an awesome DeLorean with a flux capacitor. Sounds like a pretty cool life to me!
Post a Comment