This is one of the few times that technology has freaked me out... for a few minutes.
Last night I was catching up on some shows from my DVR (I think I was watching Reaper at the time). All of a sudden, I heard my house phone ring.
Yes, I do have a house phone... but I don't use it, and I don't give out the number. So generally I ignore any calls that come in.
Anyway, I was laying there and the phone started ringing downstairs in the kitchen. I ignored it and kept watching TV. But then after 2 or 3 rings, a little window popped up on my TV with a caller ID screen - telling me who was calling... on the phone downstairs.... which isn't connected to the TV in my bedroom (or so I thought).
The first thing I did was check the brands on my TV and phone. I thought that maybe Samsung products could talk to each other. Then I thought that maybe my Lan Line was using some Blue Tooth connection. Or maybe my TV just liked snooping on wireless phone signals. It really freaked me out.
And then I realized that I have the Comcast Triple Play. So my phone calls travel over my Cable TV lines. So I'm guessing my cable box was what actually displayed the caller ID box.
It's a good thing that I'm a level-headed person, or that story may have ended with my TV being thrown out the window and me digging a bomb shelter under the house.
Thursday, March 26, 2009
One step closer to SkyNet
Labels:
story,
technology
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment